Tuesday, April 13, 2004

B"H

JUICE!!!

I am a compulsive overeater. When I go on a bender I do it like
nobody's business. I have a long history of bulemia behind me too.
There. I've said it. The ugly truth is out. At least some of it...

I was in the supermarket doing my bi-weekly shopping today whilst
thick in my most recent binge, when suddenly I was overcome by a yen
for juice far more powerful than any I had ever had for junk food. My
body starting screaming: "JUICE!!!"

I wasn't surprised. A few months ago I went on a bender that left my
body so toxic that my feet and legs were bloated up to the ankles.
The swelling exerted so much pressure on my skin that it felt it
would burst. I could no longer walk because the curve of my arches
was convex.

Knowing that I was in serious trouble I began to clean up my act and
began to do the singly best thing for my body that I could do – I
began to drink vegetable juice every day, a pint of it. In the
morning I ate fruit, or put frozen chunks of fruit (it was summer) in
the blender and had an all-fruit smoothie, using just enough filtered
water to get the blades to turn. I ate one healthy meal per day. I
also bought a good, but inexpensive juicer. Every day I made juice
from about five different fresh vegetables, always including a small
beet, at least one green juice vegetable (cucumber is great for
juice), and carrots.

My body was terribly poisoned and it took time for it to come around,
but within a couple of months my body had allowed the clean water
from the vegetables to replace the water that was diluting the
poisons in my body. The swelling subsided and I began to lose weight.

This bender has been of shorter duration and not as "junkie" as
binges in the past. I firmly believe that having the memory of juice
on my tape helped me back to health. I bought vegetables in the
store for juice, and while I was at it I bought some whole wheat pita
and tomatoes and broccoli sprouts for a lovely sandwich too.

I'm getting back on track. I came home, made a pint of juice and I
feel cleaner and more energized.

I can't promise you that drinking juice will change the fact that you
are a COE if you are, in fact I can promise you that it won't, but it
is a powerful tool for health. It will become a craving that rivals
all of the others.

Please check the sites below out. I am not endorsing any site or any
religion, I'm simply pointing you toward the sites that have the best
information about juice on the market. Take what you want and leave
the rest:

http://www.mercola.com/nutritionplan/juicing.htm

http://www.living-foods.com/articles/benefits.html

This last link comes from a religious site. It is not my religion.
It may not be your religion. I certainly don't agree with what they
say on all religious matters, particularly what they have to say
about my religion :0). However, when it comes to juicing, these
people know what they're talking about:

http://64.106.220.190/

To your health,
Doreen